GeoPEARL versions 4 and higher require the pre-installation of SPIN 3.3 (Substance Plug In). SPIN is used to manage the substance database.
For more information about SPIN on this link
The SPIN package is available for download below:
- FOCUS-PEARL can be downloaded from the JRC website.
- The current version is FOCUSPEARL 5.5.5.
- What's new in FOCUSPEARL 5.5.5
GeoPEARL versions are available for download below:
The following versions of PEARLNEQ are available for download:
The differences with the previous release (PEARLNEQ v5.1) are:
- When the option ‘equal’ is used for weighing of the residuals, PEARLNEQ calculates weighing factors to ensure that the two types of measurements (i.e. the remaining mass in the system and the concentration in the liquid phase) obtain an approximately equal weight in the fitting procedure
- The weight factors are written with more decimals to the PEST input file; in previous versions only three decimals were written (e.g. 0.020 instead of 0.0204) which may result for the option ‘inverse’ into rounding errors in the order of percents
- The lower limit of the initial mass in the system has been set to 0.001 mg (was 0.1 mg)
- A small bug was repaired in the calculation procedure of the system variables at the last sampling time (in the previous version the values of the system variables at this last sampling time were those from one timestep before the last sampling time; this happened only if the calculation stopped at the last sampling time, so no error occurred if the calculation proceeded somewhat longer; as the timestep is typically in the order of 0.01 d, the error made was small).
- Additionally a procedure is provided to estimate confidence intervals of the parameters more accurately using bootstrapping. Note that the bootstrapping method was not considered in the 2021 version of the Aged Sorption guidance (EC, 2021) and should therefore not be used for refining the RSE value in the context of the regulatory guidance for aged sorption.
Registration for FOCUSPEARL and GeoPEARL
Users of FOCUSPEARL and GeoPEARL versions are requested to register. Please use our contactform and inform us to use a license.
After completion of the registration the user will receive a deployment license for the use of the interbase software. A single deployment license is valid for FOCUSPEARL version 3.3.3, FOCUSPEARL version 4.4.4, GeoPEARL 2.2.2 and GeoPEARL 3.3.3. The interbase software is available for download here.
Users can also indicate on the registration form whether they would like to be informed about updates and issues related to FOCUS_PEARL, GeoPEARL or PEARL_NEQ.
If you encounter installation problems or problems using any of the PEARL applications please use our contactforms for PEARL or GeoPEARL